Dear Family,
Well this week has been very successful.. There are many english speaking opportunities, therefore, being the only elders in Freeport, Spanish or english, it is our responsibility to bring ALL people to christ. We are currently teaching our next door neighbor, named James, a couple of white trash folks named Jasmine and Matt, a 15 year old grilled named Ana, and a births lade named Elizabeth. We have been truing to meet with two Hispanics; one named Jorge and he is just working all the time. He expressed an interest and even returns our calls! (which is a great sign!) Then we have mogul, who is nee home and we don't know why. We'll see who will get baptized out of this group. They are all looking pretty promising I wish I were speaking spanish more thug.
I was so happy when I got your letters. If any of you want to talk to me personally, I will be best reached through e-mail. If you don't know my address or haven't been answered here is my unmistakable email:
richards.andrew@myldsmail.com
It's as good as it gets to DearElder. :}
I am happy to hear I will receive a package, but depressed that it's not my uke. Only because i don't want to forget my songs, it's been 3 months!! But I am excited to receive this package! We got a card here that takes care of most of the food for us, so packages are appreciated even if food is not in it. We have $133 every month on this card for food and toiletries, can't have one without the other.
Ahora, quiro dirigir los cartas specificas de udstedes.
I have seen NO Piggly Wigglies, my companions are the best and they are the coolest. Elder Warburton is my MTC comp and he like to go digging (offloading) in his jeeps. He also like to snowboard. He's a boss except he is only 5'6" and weighs 125 pounds. elder Wood is our trainer and he is also a boss. He like to climb, play rugby and wrestle. On top of that he starred in many school plays, choirs, bands and can play pretty much any instrument. We were thinking about starting up a band: me at the Uke, Wood the sax and WB at the geetar.
Well That's all I have to say in this letter. I'm going to send some pictures home, about 200, nothing much. The pictures range from the last two weeks in the MTC until the date on this letter, so have fun looking through them. it shouldn't take you many than four hours! Anyways, I love you al! I hope this gives you an idea of how life is over here in the south. I haven't gotten shot yet but-Oh! I forgot to tell you my stories!
So we were tracting and we knocked on this trailer (of which there is a plethora) and this woman answered the door, Skinn, blonde, late 30's with a gruff southern accent. "Daddy ain't home" she said. "Oh we are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" we said. "Y'all's the mormons?" "Yup!" Oh Well I can't let ya in-my daddy will shoot you. But my ex-husband was mormon." We then said OK, asked for some referrals and said good-bye. We might visit again but that's how an average door contact goes down! But I am not feeling discouraged, but I promos you'll never hear me complain about it. It is forget this promise....Go ahead and send me a package but I hope I don't. I am already feeling good about the duration of this mission and understand all of the advice given me from friends and family at home. Everything here is good!
They gave us Toyota Corollas to drive. It's one step above a Prius. They give us girly cars so we don't try to be hot rods and to keep us humble before the Lord.
Love you all!
Love Eder Andrew Richards
No comments:
Post a Comment