List of Invetigators that I have previously listed:
Yolanda: 30's, mexican. Has 3 kids and is inactive in her catholic-like church which I forget the name of. She let us in without another word. I said "Somos misionero de la Iglesia De Jesucristo de los Santos De Los Ultmos Dias". Pasen!" and she issued us inside. We gave her a Book of Mormon (El Libro De Mormon) and gave the first lesson in spanish. She promised to read and we set up an appointment for wednesday. She's as good as Dunked :)! It's exciting to see someone so excited. We already might have a fellowshipper for her!
Brandy: I think she's 20 or so. We met her through Matt, another investigator. She's a little more skeptical of our message. She always compares us to other churches and worse, she has a drinking problem. Oh well! She already read the first 22 chapters of the Book of Mormon.
Peggy Sue" She is Brandy's mother and is a little more prepared. She has been searching for churches that are right for a while. She's even investigated muslim churches. We gave her a book of mormon also.
Gabby: She is also hispanic. Which is exciting because that means my spanish will get better! She has a large family. I don't know much more about her because I haven't quite met her yet.
Anyway that's about the one's a got new! (that's southern speak). I probably won't tell all of them to you maybe. We'll see. it'll be just a little bit tedious because the statistic is only about 25% of investigators progress. Hopefully all of our's will progress but only few will be even ready for baptism after that. Our trainer who has been out 14 months now has only baptized 7 people.
I'm not discouraged. In fact, we've already received alot of rejection, but it's not bad because we are serving the Lord and somehow that's more rewarding. It's hard to explain.
Well I love everyone who is reading this letter.
Love,
Elder Andrew Richards
November 14, 2011 (email)
Dear Mom!
I got my iPod, so no problem there! It's full of amazing music now!! Jon Schmidt was a good choice. that and Brudda Iz! while I'm on the computer, I'm researching other good source of music. Jezabels are fantastic! let's see... Josh Wright also is pretty good! Michael Buble is appropriate also. so soundtracks such as Disney's Up or Edward Scissorhands. Enya is probably what I'm craving right now. Enya is great.
Anyways, I have a song to do for the Musical, but i need my UKE! :) I'm dying in excitment to wield my little wooden instrument and learn my surprise song for you.... my companions may or may not be accompanying me in this song :) it will be a treat for all of you!!!
So, the only things I would need in a package would be my baptismal pants and my Ukulele, other than that, Jerky sounds good. :) what else... sharpies maybe. I don't know.
Well, I found a fossil outlet store where I can get quality Fossil watches for half the original price or less. the average price is about 60 bucks but the go as low as 30. I'm tempted so much to get one, but I don't want to spend your money or the mission money. I think that's my temptation: buying cool appearal. Ties, watches, shirts and shoes (there are some sweet one's i'm looking at but they're $40! they're some Adiddas NFL shoes, but I bought a pair of sneakers so I can walk around in something other than those running shoes on P-day. they cost 5 bucks at the Dollar General!). I say to myself often: If only I were at home, This would be mine!!! I feel like a girl wanting to buy all of these clothes, but they are awesome. especially the watches... but that's my weakness here. It's not keeping me from baptizing people, but if I were to fall in this temptation I think you would be going bankrupt at home. You probably already are because of me!
Anyway, that's not all that's going on over here! we have been having success! Three progressing investigators whom we are having dinner with tonight at a bonfire, and then having a lesson. Brandy, Peggy sue and Jasmine. I'm pretty sure I've already told all of you about these three, but in case I didn't: Brandy is a blonde (mentally) so she is very outgoing and loud and is not afraid to say what's on her mind. She is curious, however, to learn about the plan of salvation. Peggy sue is her mother and is similar in alot of ways except she is the gruff, wise and experienced one. She has researched pretty much every other religion and has actually already researched this church, but somehow lost contact. Brandy has repeatedly said that she, at that time about 10 years ago, had a crush on that missionary. I think she said she was 12. Jasmine is a friend of Bandy who we met before brandy and almost lost contact with. She is quiet, shy and is genuinely wanting to know the truth. I feel most of all that she wants to know who Heavenly Father is and how he works.
Well, they are a good bunch of human beings who are quick to befriend and treat with that southern hospitality. They all are very strong people. Man! they all are so promising. I'm a little ashamed of myself and already repented, but Peggy Sue hates going to church and told us on a tour we took all three of them on last Saturday. She has problems that are a little more apparant and does not want church-goers to stare at her. She says she has panic attacks just thinking about it. Well I had a prompting during the lesson to say these words, "If all your questions about life are not answered at church tomorrow, we will never preach to you again." I moved on to another subject though and did not extend the invitation. Lo and behold, yesterday was church and guess what... EVERY CONCERN SHE HAD WAS EITHER ANSWERED IN A TALK OR IN ONE OF THE AUXILARIES. I was so down on myself. MAN!!!!
Well, lesson learned there. I need to learn to extend invitations when I'm prompted. I feel like a jerk.
I don't mean to leave you with that as the last thing but I think I'm out of things to say... I am working realy hard!!! :) I'm happy and I'm feeling the companionship of the spirit! Those three aren't the only ones we're teaching, just the ones that are our focus right now.
Love you Mom! have fun in the south! it's really wierd! :D I will write another family letter today!
No comments:
Post a Comment