Dear Family,
I cannot, as of late, find the other paper. The last letter pretty much said it all. For now I guess I can get into the little stuff like what I eat and stuff. Yeah, so I get $133 on a JP Morgan card every month for toiletries and food. Well toiletries are easy, I have to refuel probably every month and a half, whereas food is a weekly thing. On P-days we go shopping for food and supplies. Food I usually get is a gallon of milk ($3.99), bananas ($3.00-ish I don't remember) peanut butter, bread, salsa, chips and pistachios. That's about does it for the week! I'll snack on pistachios along with chips and salsa. Sometimes chips and salsa are lunch or dinner when peanut butter and banana sandwiches are for every meal. Of course, milk is needed. That's about my diet.
Maybe I'll go through P-days. We have to clean on P-days. We clean our apartment and then go to e-mail at 9:00 am. There's a library in Santa-Rosa that let's us e-mail and that's also when I print off sheet music for the Ukulele. I'm going to learn "Be Still my Soul" pretty soon. While I'm out here I'm sure I'll learn them all! Many missionaries including Sister Tuliloa who is samoan, can play the ukulele. After that we do our shopping, but later we might meet up with the other elder's in the district. One time we went bowling when each game cost 3 bucks! That was fun. This week we're going up to Fort Walton's area where we might play beach volleyball or a game called "Angers and Demons" which I have not played yet, but it sounds fun! Later, at around sixths we have more appointments with investigators and P-day ends. Investigators are the real fun anyway!
Well.... we've been having quite a bit of success in our new area! We're to the point, where out tracting for new investigators. We have...Elizabeth, James, Brandy, Peggy Su, Martin, Matt, Jasmine, Yolanda, Gabby, Gary, Donny and "Don" Pedro. That's 12 investigators. The last one is pretty cool actually. He is spanish speaking and owns a mexican restaurant called "Don Pedro's" "Don" meaning like gangster boss guy. Well unfortunately he is not a real gangster, but he owns a sweet restaurant and actually fed us for free the other day!
Sorry this letter bounces around so much. It's late over here so I'm tired and am running our of things to write.
Oh, also I said last letter I would come up with cool stories that were family appropriate. Well, besides the Don Pedro one, I just have one (all the rest have very PG-13 rated material concerning the state of some of our investigators). Peggy Sue, a hard-working single mom, has researched every church I can think of in search for truth and now she's here with us. She has been talked to by missionaries before who then lost contact somehow, but I've heard stories of people being prepared for this message-she's the ONE! Brandy follows close behind! Man it's exciting. It's a slow process, but as soon as we get these two to church and finish our lessons, they can get Baptized! I'm excited to see their olives change! YeeHaw!! Well, this letter is a single-leaf today. Just know that I love you all and you will be proud to know I'm working hard. Until next week!
Love,
Elder Richards
No comments:
Post a Comment