Dear Mom,
To answer your questions right away, I did indeed get ALL of you packages!! That was great! the food was appreciated, it was all fresh and I am excited to make Dad's Burros. I got Olivias cookies and Dad's jerky, both are the absolute best! Filo and Swarts ate it all within an hour.I got your letters and am excited to write back. give me some time though, I am going to write to everyone this time.
I also recieved My UKE!!! I've already got choice practice. I'm working on the song for the Musical religiously everynight when I get home from the day's work. It's so good to have that instrument.
Well spanish is going great! Spanish work continues to be great. I'm learning and teaching the best I can while I'm with Filo because once that guy is gone, I'm pretty much gonna die in spanish since swarts has only been out a transfer longer than me and therefore knows just about the same amount as me.
I'm glad to see that dad is fulfilling his dreams. With Filo, his life is layed out for him at this point as long as he works hard, and it took alot of work on his part to get there and this has given me a wake up call for my dreams (because I can't help but make plans as they are revealed to me). SO I mentioned earlier that I am thinkng about going to BYU just because Pixar Studios recruits exclusively from there. Well how am I going to get there? how will I get accepted? How will I pay for it? It's hard for me to research these things while I'm on a mission, but I'm thinking about taking the path of Filo. Try and get on the team and do that. But I can't just walk on to BYU! that's near impossible especially since i'm so out of shape. so I would have to start somewhere else, a junior college, and work my tail off. walk onto that team, get excellent grades get excellent football films and then get recruited to BYU. Filo often says "It's all a game" and I can see the strategy. it's tough. I needa back up plan to pay through college too. I don't know. give me your feedback. what ways have you seen worked?
Well as far as news, we are close on getting a Baptizmal/confirmation date (BCD) with two investigators: Gloria and Leonore. two women who know this is the true church and want to get baptized. Leonore is just weighing things out because she loves Filo and wants to gewt baptized before he goes home. Gloria is still living with a guy named Rigoberto, who is also an investigator but he is not very progressing. She just needs to make a decision and whether to marry him or kick him out. They both only speak spanish.Excited to get that done!
thank you for praying for me, i CAN REALLY USE IT!! It's hard sometimes but the more missions I hear of others, the more I realize how cushy this mission is. well, firstof all I have a car and will have a car for the rest of my mission. The whether is desirable especially in the winter. In the summer it's all about just getting used to it, plus, the car has AC. I get 133 bucks a month for foor, which is above average in most mission fields. My shower is always warm and my apartment is HUGE! I'll send another tour home in the next SD card.
i LOVE YOU MOM!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment