I'm sorry this letter will be only one page one. Good news though! I'm a missionary. I can teach, pray and testify in spanish, including carry on a conversation with a crazy man from Peru. Every week we would teach fluent-speaking native members in what we call "TRC": "Teaching-Resource-Something starting with C". A man named Jorge (Hor-hey) was our member last week. We were supposed to teach him but he taught us. Peru's accent is extrememely thick, but he said cuban's accents are even worse! (in spanish) He said this: Jesus taught tons of people at once. But he didn't make newpapers like King Benjamin. How, then, did everyone here him? I couldn't answer. I think he answered it, but I couldn't understand him. Just something to chew on.
Anyways, that's how good I am. I know I'm gonna be rocked in 5 days though. alot of elders here have expressed their fear. i simply state when expressing my feelings: "There cannot be fear where there is faith. Faith is a Christ-like attribute which I am trying to develop. It's not having a perfect knowledge of things, nor is it just believe. Faith is action. When I read my scriptures, I am exerting faith. When I pray, my faith is growing. When I talk to someone and they have a desire to be better as a result, I just strengthened their faith. When I pray for faith, I must be ready to act on that faith. Going to Florida without being fully fluent in spanish is an act of faith, but I must admit humbly, I am not scared!
Sin embargo, necesito practicar hablando. Yo quero hablar en espanol. Porque estoy tanto animado ir a Florida! Tenemos un juego en cual nosotros podemos hablar solomente en nuestra idoma de la mision. Es muy divertido ! El conquedor recibira una refresca de todos en el distrito.
This game gives us tons of practice.
I'm packing so that's all I have to say. I hope all is going well! Oh yeah! Conference was good! I took tons of notes. My fave was Uchtdof...and Eyring, plus Monson. I loved them all.
I hope Nathan gets better-Faith and prayer.
Love,
Andrew Richards
No fear where there is faith...Thank you, Andrew, for reminding me.
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you Beth for setting this up!