Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 17, 2011

Dear Family,

I am here in Florida today demonstrating my first P-day in the field! Things are great!
As you know, I am paired up with my MTC companion and we are in a trio with Elder wood, a tall, dark haired guy who likes rock climbing and playing every instrument known to man including singing. If you wanna know what he looks like, he look like Captain America except skinny. He came into the field weighing 200 lbs and now weighs 160!!! I am following his diet.
So far, we are stationed in Destin, FFlorida in which there are minimal Latinos. once we get down to Freeport, which is my area, we should start sailing with baptisms. My spanish is pitiful in comparison to how they speak down here. Elder Wood says he got fluent around six months. he's been in the field for about 13 months now.
We have a car and probably will for the whole mission since our area covers about 100 square miles. Lots of driving is ahead of us. Nevertheless, I still got plenty of use out of the bike. My bike is sweet! the gave my road tired. I don't remember if I asked for road tires or not, but I have them.
A normal day here includes waking up at 6:30 am, studying until 12, Working until 9:30 and then going to bed. It's pretty sweet!
I can speak so that the native speakers understand me but i have a hard time understanding what they say. Once I get that down, I should be golden. that and my vocabulary could be better.
It's humid over here, but it's not too hot. Elder Warburton is still complaining that it's hot :) Love that guy. I'm sure it will get hotter though but nothing that a guy from Arizona can't handle.
As a companionship of 3, We're doing good. a little awkward at times but it's cool. my favorite part of the day is riding our bikes out in the open and people yelling high from their cars as they passed by.
I hope everything is well at home. Can't wait to get your letters and here the news!
Love
Elder Andrew Richards



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


1 comment:

  1. Yahoo! I always wondered if missionaries liked or hated when my kids shouted hello from our car going by.

    Thanks for posting this mom!

    ReplyDelete