Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7th, 2012




Went on a lot of trade-off's this week in which not alot happened. A tradeoff is something that a district leader has to do every 6 weeks with all the senior companions in the district. it helps alot! My district is really beginning to do fantastic! Numbers are going up, but more inportantly, my district is beginning to be more obedient! it's hard to be a great missionary if yopu're not obedient 100%
 
Thanks by the way, everyone who sent me all the birthday gifts! i'm i the process of writing everyone individually.
 
Everything is well! no one is moving this transfer. I just found out that my trainer, Elder Wood is in my district this transfer! flippin cool! I'll have to go on tradeoffs and everything too. That'll be sweet!
 
Missionary news:
Our Landlord is named Dan Cosson. He was being taught (kinda) by the English missionaries in this area but one day he came to us after having been taught by them the Priesthood to ask Elder Bramwell and I for a blessing to help him stop smoking. Having no where else to turn, I immediately said yes. We started with a prayer which he volunteered to offer and began to weep as he pleaded to our Father for help to stop smaking. After that he told about how his wife was dogging him for smoking so much and he knows that his body is a temple, in fact he quoted that scripture to us. Well, just so he knew more about blessings, I read to him James 5:14-15 (look it up, it's the coolest scripture). He loved it. It was especially written for him. He chose Bramwell to annoint the oil and me to bless. I blessed him with full healing. I blessed him to abhore the smell and sight of cigarettes. He left that day full of faith.
"just try to catch me smoking now." That was a good experience.
 
Jose and Amy have a Baptismal date for June 30th. Amy cried at church and then again when we watched the Testiments with her and then we commited her to the baptism. It's so far in the future because they both have to get divorced and then married before they can baptise themselves. on Saturday, Amy prayed about the Book of mormon and got an answer, undeniably. She said it was a FEELING that TOLD her ot was true. she made sure to stress that part. NOW, she cannot deny anything! she has already planned to bettr her life by keeping all the commandments of God and followingis ways!
 
We also just reactivated someone! Maria Rangel has decided to never miss church again! which is good because when I first got here, she was avoiding us. Now just to somehow fix her drunkard, stubborn husband.
 
We are Working with another less active named Jose Guatalupe Rodriguez Padraza. It's a long name. We just call him Hermano Lupe. He has a problem with alcohol and we told him to move out of his current house because they were all alcoholics and bad influences. WELL he did.....but forgot to tell us where he was going. we can't find him now...
 
MAN! I love working with less actives too, because they love missionaries even though they don't have testimonies enough to spent an hour at church. It was a stake president who told us an order of priorities in our lives:
1. our wives
2 our children
3 our parents
4 Home teaching/visiting teaching
5 Priesthood/auxilary calling
 
It was interesting to me that home teaching came before our calling, but as I thought, it made sense to me: why wouldn't it? These people who are less active, who don't act on the covenant they made at baptizm, are worse off than the people that have not been baptised yet, because those who have not entered into that covenant have a chanc3e after this life, but those who are already baptized, cannot do it again when they die. they are stuck, condemed by their own actions and therefore in need of a rescue. As active members, it is our duty to mourn with those who mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort. You covenanted to help those people. I would hope that you take you duties seriously when it comes to home teaching and visiting teachers.
 
Alright, well that's my attempt to bring you closer to christ. that's my job.
 
Love you much! All is well here! I don't know if I just have permission to talk to everyone or just mom, but we'll see.
 
until next week,
E. Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment