Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21, 2012


Dear Mother,


So this week has been fun! Highlights and noteworthy things are that a member of the quorum of the seventy, Elder Don R. Clarke came to visit us as a mission and we became good friends. Well first it started with him coming to our ward because he speaks Spanish, he wanted to speak to all the Hispanic members of the stake. Attendance came up to 44 (enough for a branch!). He spoke and gave a good lesson. He definitely has power and authority to teach.

Well the next day we arrived at a half mission conference because the main purpose for his visit was to address the missionaries. President Jensen took me aside to have a random interview with Elder Clark. He just talked with me asked me if I had any questions for him and what I expected to learn today. Stuff like that. I asked him how the prophet's doing and told him I plan on learning how to better apply things that I've already learned.

So my companion sets all his stuff in the very front row of the chapel. 

"Elder Meza, why must we sit in the front every time?"
"Because its the best way to experience it."

So we did, the thing is, Elder Clarke didn't use the podium, resulting in me getting called out at every second. Mother, if you asked Dad about what a General Authority talks about with missionaries, he'll tell you it's a public spanking. Guess who was the face getting spanked...

...Me..

He used me for role-plays, examples, reading passages, pretending to be a member/bishop, and very frequently just nonchalantly leaned on my shoulder as he talked to all the missionaries behind me. I feel like I took it rather well, considering he called me everything up to "over-weight." 

So continuing the story during lunch (and in anticipation for another two hours of Elder Clark) I was in the bathroom with the other many missionaries who were desperate for relief and I was talking with Elder Warburton, who was at the urinal next to mine, about what just happened for 5 hours. Without looking back I jokingly said, "Meza why did you have to sit up front?" 
An unrecognized missionary's voice said, "Because he's an upstanding elder."
I said, "Well we're sitting in back from now on." 
Just then Elder Warburton suddenly bolts from the bathroom leaving the urinal next to mine unoccupied.
Wouldn’t you know it, Elder Clark steps up to occupy the unclaimed toilet and I suddenly couldn't pee anymore.
We talked afterward and he knew I was joking around and we had a good conversation.

Well after the conference, we did some more work and we found an investigator whom we thought was lost!!! It was pretty exciting! She was trying to set a date with us for baptism right before she dropped off the planet, moved and changed her number. She was really happy to see us we made sure to tell her we were happy to find her also. It was something good and I know the spirit was guiding us to her house.

Well I'm no longer senior companion. President decided to make Meza senior companion and I can't help but think that he complained to President because I didn't say a think to him. Oh well. I'm happy because all I have to do now is be a district leader and nothing more while he tries to plan the days out and remember what to do, write down every little scrap of information while I just let him do it and make suggestions and be led by the spirit. It's really nice. :)

I just hope this power doesn't go to his head.

Well, Mother I love you and am looking forward to next week's news letter from you! 

Love Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment